Trusted Heating Installation & Replacement
Keep warm all winter long with a high-efficiency heating system.
When you properly install and maintain your heating system, it should last between 10 and 15 years. If your system is nearing the decade mark, you may notice that it’s not as efficient as it once was. The fully trained, trusted and expert technicians at Kalkbrenner Plumbing & Heating can help maximize efficiency and comfort by installing a brand new system. We proudly offer 24/7 service so that we can come to your aid at a moment’s notice.
It’s more cost-effective to replace your heating system early on, when its age is beginning to show. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to have to put up with insufficient heat, high energy bills, frequent repairs and more. If you’re unsure whether you’re better off repairing or replacing your system, we can help. One of our skilled technicians will complete a comprehensive inspection to determine what exactly is wrong and what the best course of action will be. We will then take the time to explain the problem and your options for repairing.
Pay attention to these other signs indicating you may need to have your system replaced:
Signs Your Furnace Needs to be Replaced:
- Old Age (over 15 years)
- Frequently Turns On and Off
- Loud Noises
- Poor Indoor Air Quality
- Humidification Problems
- Uneven Temperatures
If your furnace is on the fritz and you need to replace it, always hire a licensed technician to complete the work. If you try to do it yourself or if you hire an amateur to cut costs on the front end, you risk having to deal with the aftermath of an improper installation. Avoid these common installation mistakes by hiring Kalkbrenner Plumbing & Heating:
- Wrong Furnace Size: Bigger doesn’t always mean better, especially regarding choosing a furnace. An oversized unit can lead to breakdowns, frequent on and off cycling, higher energy bills, uneven temperatures, and a shorter lifespan.
- Poor Air Distribution Design: Your ductwork is integral in making sure air is evenly distributed throughout your home. For your entire system to work sufficiently, your ductwork needs to be properly sized to match the output capacity of the unit.
- Improper Duct Installation: Someone whose expertise is limited or a company that advertises unusually cheap labor may use low-quality materials or shortcuts when installing your ductwork. This can lead to cracks and gaps, which will cause your utility bill to skyrocket. If they use tape instead of a more permanent sealer, this can also cause your ducts to leak, among other things.
- Improper Drain System Installation: Your system creates waste that needs to be properly drained. Should the installation go wrong, you’re looking at quite a bit of water damage to your home, not to mention in the winter, you could be dealing with frozen pipes.
- Wrong Exhaust Flue or Damper Size: Toxic gases like carbon monoxide are a byproduct of your furnace, and they need to be vented properly. If you have the wrong exhaust flue or damper size, it can cause fumes to back up and accumulate. This will set off your carbon monoxide detectors.
When you hire our professional, trusted technicians to install your new furnace, rest assured you’re receiving top-quality work. We truly care about your safety, comfort and peace of mind, and will go above and beyond to ensure each of them.
Once we have completed the installation of your new high-efficiency system, we will show you tips on how to keep it happy and healthy for years to come. A great way to maintain comfort all winter long is to schedule annual maintenance. Give us a call today!